Contact InformationThe Arc of Massachusetts
Mary Ann Brennen
Email Address: firstname.lastname@example.org
View Mary Ann Brennen Website
217 South Street Waltham , MA 02453
Map Location Mary Ann Brennen
The Real Friends Project is a short-term effort under the auspices of The Arc of Massachusetts, funded by the MA Department of Developmental Services. The primary objectives of this project are:
1. Identify existing programs and approaches (formal and informal) that successfully help people with disabilities establish relationships with others, especially with people who do not have disabilities.
2. Identify existing trainings, workshops and other venues/materials that are available to help individuals, families and organizations learn how to support the development of relationships between people with and without disabilities.
3. Make all of the material identified in #1 and #2 above easily accessible to interested individuals, families and organization through web-based (and other) applications.
4. Analyze all of these resources to determine where gaps might be and, if necessary, develop trainings/workshops/materials to fill those gaps.
Please contact us for more information or if you know of any efforts that you feel are effectively helping people with disabilities expand their social connections and establish relationships that may blossom into friendships.
Western and Central MA NE, Metro-Boston and SE MA
Mary Ann Brennen Jim Ross
- Making Friends Training (Training - Relationships/Friendships Building)
- Asperger's Syndrome
- Autism Spectrum
- Developmental Disability
- Intellectual Disabilities
- Learning Disabilities
- 5 - 8
- 9 - 13
- 14 - 18
- 19 - 22
- 23 – 59
- 60 +
- Fees: Free Service