Contact InformationChinese Cultural Connection
Email Address: email@example.com
View Mei Hung Website
99 Dartmouth St. Malden, MA 02148
Map Location Mei Hung
Updated on 03-01-2021; heard from consultant. SS
The Chinese Culture Connection (CCC) is a nonprofit educational organization founded 1985. The mission of CCC is to promote intercultural harmony, strengthen the diverse communities and build bridges between American and Chinese citizens through interactive educational programs and the arts. CCC programs are held in schools, colleges and universities, community centers, libraries and businesses, including:
- Programs about specific aspects of Chinese arts and culture in schools that support Social Studies, Language Arts, Math and Arts curriculum. When students fully understand and appreciate the subject, their appreciation can lead to greater creative imagination and application, which ties to higher performances on MCAS scores.
- In-service programs for teachers complement the school programs to empower them to incorporate Chinese culture directly into their curriculum.
- Chinese language and art classes for both children and adults are offered on the weekly afternoon, evening and weekend.
- Chinese arts performances and exhibits are offered to the community, attracting both Chinese and non-Chinese attendees, and co-sponsored with organizations with compatible missions, such as local museums and libraries.
- "Know Your Chinese Friends and Neighbors" is an interactive program for adults that combine an overview of Chinese Culture with lively discussions. CCC welcomes community groups, town governments, colleges and universities, and businesses to co-sponsor this program.
- "East meets West - cultural dialogue" helps immigrants to balance their cultural heritage and current American life, so they may realize their American dreams.
- Chinese/American teachers and students Exchange offers the opportunity for both sides of participants to understand, appreciate and find common ground with those whose culture is different than our own.
- 1:1 Teaching (Tutoring)
- Arts Therapy
- Building Social Skills (Social Skill Development)
- Child & Teen Problems (Child and Adolescent Issues)
- Getting SSI & SSDI Help (Evaluation)
- Help with Problems (Facilitation)
- Life Planning (Personal Futures Planning)
- Living Full Life & Diversity (Inclusion)
- Parent Issues (Parenting Concerns)
- Program Planning (Program Development)
- Settles Disputes (Mediation)
- Understanding Language Differences (Interpretation)
- Understanding Others (Sensitivity Training)
- Attention Deficit Disorder/Hyper Activity Disorder
- Brain/Head Injury
- Developmental Disability
- Intellectual Disabilities
- Learning Disabilities
- Physical Disabilities
- Post Traumatic Stress Disorder
- Visual Impairment
- 3 - 4
- 5 - 8
- 9 - 13
- 14 - 18
- 19 - 22
- 23 – 59
- 60 +
- Accessible Parking
- Accessible Restrooms
- Services at School
- Services at Work
- Wheelchair Ramps
- Areas of Concentration: Cultural Educator
- Fees: Personal Funds
- Hours: Open various hours; Monday-Friday 8:30am-6pm. Tuesday - Thursday 1-8pm