Contact InformationChinese Cultural Connection
Email Address: info@ChineseCultureConnection.org
Alternate Phone: 617 285-8998
View Mei Hung Website
99 Dartmouth Street Malden, MA 02148
Map Location Mei Hung
The Chinese Culture Connection (CCC) is a nonprofit educational organization founded 1985. The mission of CCC is to promote intercultural harmony, strengthen the diverse communities and build bridges between American and Chinese citizens through interactive educational programs and the arts. CCC programs are held in schools, colleges and universities, community centers, libraries and businesses, including:
- Programs about specific aspects of Chinese arts and culture in schools that support Social Studies, Language Arts, Math and Arts curriculum. When students fully understand and appreciate the subject, their appreciation can lead to greater creative imagination and application, which ties to higher performances on MCAS scores.
- In-service programs for teachers complement the school programs to empower them to incorporate Chinese culture directly into their curriculum.
- Chinese language and art classes for both children and adults are offered on the weekly afternoon, evening and weekend.
- Chinese arts performances and exhibits are offered to the community, attracting both Chinese and non-Chinese attendees, and co-sponsored with organizations with compatible missions, such as local museums and libraries.
- "East meets West - cultural dialogue" helps immigrants to balance their cultural heritage and current American life, so they may realize their American dreams.
- 1:1 Teaching (Tutoring)
- Arts Therapy
- Building Social Skills (Social Skill Development)
- Child & Teen Problems (Child and Adolescent Issues)
- Help with Problems (Facilitation)
- Living Full Life & Diversity (Inclusion)
- Parent Issues (Parenting Concerns)
- Self Esteem Training (Assertiveness Training)
- Settles Disputes (Mediation)
- Understanding Language Differences (Interpretation)
- Brain/Head Injury
- Post Traumatic Stress Disorder
- 5 - 8
- 9 - 13
- 14 - 18
- 19 - 22
- 23 – 59
- 60 +
- Accessible Parking
- Accessible Restrooms
- Services at School
- Services at Work
- Wheelchair Ramps
- Areas of Concentration: Cultural Educator
- Fees: Personal Funds
- Hours: Open various hours; Monday, Wednesday 10:30am-6:30pm. Tuesday, Thursday and Friday: 1-6:30pm