433 Belmont Avenue
Springfield, MA 01108
Fax: (413) 737-3419
Information Specialist: Hang Tang
Hours: Monday – Friday, 9 AM – 5 PM
Additional Locations: None.
Springfield Vietnamese-American Civic Association, Inc ‘s mission is to serve the Southeast Asian (Vietnamese, Laotian and Cambodian) immigrant- and refugee- communities of Western Massachusetts. Our goal is to empower immigrants to become self-sufficient and to help them adjust to American society through community support and education. The Springfield V.A.C.A. is a satellite office of the Boston Vietnamese-American Civic Association.
- Serve as an advocate for the concerns and the interests of Southeast Asians
- Conduct outreach and organize effective programs to access mainstream services such as health care, education and employment.
- Develop and implement sustainable, culturally and linguistically appropriate services for newcomers.
- Work in collaboration with other human service agencies to ensure appropriate and adequate services for all constituents.
- Encourage the Vietnamese population to use community resources to build leadership and organizational skills.
- Develop a greater understanding of Springfield’s diverse population through community education.
Southeast Asians (Vietnamese, Laotian and Cambodian)
- Bilingual and Bicultural Services: day and evening English as a Second Language (ESL) classes, US citizenship test preparation, voter registration and community outreach for various health-related issues.
- Elderly Health Program: works with local social service agencies (Greater Springfield Senior Services) to focus on health education and prevention of HIV, hepatitis, hypertension and diabetes. Free medical screenings on monthly Health Resource Day.
- Youth Program: involvement in community service, recreational activities and health awareness. Club activities include chess, ping-pong and martial arts for youths. Youths also receive academic tutoring, Vietnamese language and supports at our center.