These resources are for people in Massachusetts who have a newly-acquired disability due to trauma. If personalized assistance is needed to find related resources, please contact us.
- Fact Sheet: Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder
- Resources for Dealing with Trauma in the aftermath of the Boston Marathon Bombing – National Alliance on Mental Illness, Massachusetts Chapter
- Recovering Emotionally (From Disasters) – American Red Cross
- Children and Trauma
- Fact Sheet: Brain Injury
- Fact Sheet: Spinal Cord Injury
- Brain Injury Association of Massachusetts
- National Spinal Cord Injury Association, Greater Boston Chapter
- Peer and Family Support
- Fact Sheet: Wheelchairs (Power) and Scooters – Low Cost
- Fact Sheet: Assistive Technology (Equipment)
- Fact Sheet: Recycling Medical Equipment
- Assistive Technology Regional Centers (MassMATCH)
- Fact Sheet: Basic Programs and Services for People with Disabilities
- Fact Sheet: Possible Financial Resources
- Fact Sheet from Amputee Coalition: Financial Assistance for Prosthetic Services, Durable Medical Equipment, and Other Assistive Devices
- Ability Found – At Ability Found our mission is to provide medical and rehabilitation equipment free of charge to people with disabilities who cannot afford it.
- Arms Within Reach Foundation – Arms Within Reach Foundation provides upper limb amputees resources for the highest quality of upper limb prosthetic rehabilitation care and an enhanced quality of life. Funds can be provided for the prosthesis itself, for rehabilitation, out-of-pocket expenses/co-pays and for travel expenses to and from qualified prosthetic and orthotic facilities for upper limb prosthetic rehabilitation.
- Bowman Limb Bank Foundation – The Bowman Limb Bank Foundation, previously known as the Dana Bowman Limb Bank Foundation, acts as a ready resource for artificial limbs for those in need. It is a non-profit organization seeking to fulfill the need for artificial limbs in underdeveloped nations and here in the United States where traditional funding is unavailable.
- Hearing Loss Association of America – Information on financial assistance for assistive technology, hearing aids and durable equipment.
Fact Sheet last updated on: 12/13/2016