These resources are for people in Massachusetts who have a newly-acquired disability due to trauma. If personalized assistance is needed to find related resources, please contact us.
- Fact Sheet: Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder
- Resources for Dealing with Trauma in the aftermath of the Boston Marathon Bombing – National Alliance on Mental Illness, Massachusetts Chapter
- Recovering Emotionally (From Disasters) – American Red Cross
- Children and Trauma
- Fact Sheet: Brain Injury
- Fact Sheet: Spinal Cord Injury
- Brain Injury Association of Massachusetts
- National Spinal Cord Injury Association, Greater Boston Chapter
- Peer and Family Support
- Fact Sheet: Wheelchairs (Power) and Scooters – Low Cost
- Fact Sheet: Assistive Technology (Equipment)
- Fact Sheet: Recycling Medical Equipment
- Assistive Technology Regional Centers (MassMATCH)
- Fact Sheet: Basic Programs and Services for People with Disabilities
- Fact Sheet: Possible Financial Resources
- Fact Sheet from Amputee Coalition: Financial Assistance for Prosthetic Services, Durable Medical Equipment, and Other Assistive Devices
- Ability Found – At Ability Found our mission is to provide medical and rehabilitation equipment free of charge to people with disabilities who cannot afford it.
- Bowman Limb Bank Foundation – The Bowman Limb Bank Foundation, previously known as the Dana Bowman Limb Bank Foundation, acts as a ready resource for artificial limbs for those in need. It is a non-profit organization seeking to fulfill the need for artificial limbs in underdeveloped nations and here in the United States where traditional funding is unavailable.
- Hearing Loss Association of America – Information on financial assistance for assistive technology, hearing aids and durable equipment.
Fact Sheet last updated on: 8/27/2018