These resources are for people in Massachusetts who have a newly-acquired disability due to trauma. If personalized assistance is needed to find related resources, please contact us.
- INDEX Fact Sheet: Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder
- Recovering Emotionally (From Disasters) – American Red Cross
- Children and Trauma
- INDEX Fact Sheet: Brain Injury
- INDEX Fact Sheet: Spinal Cord Injury
- Brain Injury Association of Massachusetts
- National Spinal Cord Injury Association, Greater Boston Chapter
- Peer and Family Support
- INDEX Fact Sheet: Wheelchairs (Power) and Scooters – Low Cost
- INDEX Fact Sheet: Assistive Technology (Equipment)
- INDEX Fact Sheet: Recycling Medical Equipment
- Assistive Technology Regional Centers (MassMATCH)
- INDEX Fact Sheet: Basic Programs and Services for People with Disabilities
- INDEX Fact Sheet: Possible Financial Resources
- Amputee Coalition Fact Sheet: Financial Assistance for Prosthetic Services, Durable Medical Equipment, and Other Assistive Devices
- Ability Found
At Ability Found our mission is to provide medical and rehabilitation equipment free of charge to people with disabilities who cannot afford it.
The Bowman Limb Bank Foundation, previously known as the Dana Bowman Limb Bank Foundation, acts as a ready resource for artificial limbs for those in need. It is a non-profit organization seeking to fulfill the need for artificial limbs in underdeveloped nations and here in the United States where traditional funding is unavailable.
Information on financial assistance for assistive technology, hearing aids and durable equipment.
Fact Sheet last updated on: 12/2/2022
Disclaimer: INDEX is pleased to provide you this information. Please note, this information is not comprehensive, nor is it intended to take the place of professional advice. We encourage you to check other resources of such information. No endorsement by the University of Massachusetts Chan Medical School, DisabilityInfo.org, INDEX, or affiliates, should be inferred. We reserve the right to remove, to modify, or to add any information at any time, for any reason, and without notice.