Mental Health Resources
Here are links to Mental Health related providers, resources and websites for services and support.
- Parents’ How-To Guide to Mental Health Services for Children in Massachusetts (pdf)
- MassHealth Children’s Behavioral Health Initiative (CBHI): CBHI For Families
- Child and Adolescent Needs and Strengths (CANS) Family Guide (pdf)
- The Family Resource Centers (FRCs) of Massachusetts
Conditions and Diseases
- Anxiety Disorders Association of America
- Depression and Bipolar Support Alliance
- International Obsessive-Compulsive Foundation
- Mass General Hospital Parent and Family Resource Center
Drug Rehabilitation and Treatment Centers
- Mental Health America– Provides online mental health and wellness education.
- HealthyPlace.com – Consumer mental health site, providing comprehensive, information on psychological disorders and psychiatric medications from both a consumer and expert point of view. We have an active mental health social network for support, online psychological tests, breaking mental health news, mental health videos, a live mental health tv and radio show.
- Mental Health in Schools – Community-based nonprofit dedicated to addressing the needs of those living with mental illness and to promoting the overall mental health of all Americans.
Mental Health Resources in Massachusetts
- Rtor.org – offers families affected by mental illness guidance, support and information on the best practices and providers in recovery-oriented mental health care.
- Massachusetts Department of Mental Health – The Department of Mental Health assures and provides access to services and supports to meet the mental health needs of individuals of all ages; enabling them to live, work and participate in their communities.
National Comprehensive Agencies
- Parent Professional Advocacy League – The Massachusetts Family Voice for Children’s Mental Health
- SAMHSA’s Behavioral Health Treatment Locator
- Massachusetts Behavioral Health Partnership (MBHP) – Find a behavioral health provider.
- NAMI Navigating a Mental Health Crisis – NAMI provides some ideas for navigating a crisis that you or someone you support is experiencing.
- NAMI Mass Compass Helpline
- Western Mass Peer Support Line – Open Friday through Monday, 8pm to midnight
Fact Sheet last updated on: 5/8/2020