14 East Central Street
Morse Institute Library
Natick, MA 01760
Information Specialist: Nannette Ohman
Hours: Please call first. Monday – Friday, 9 AM – 5 PM
Additional Locations: None.
Autism Alliance of MetroWest, A Program of Advocates Inc. offers resources, services, programs and support to families with children diagnosed with autism /pervasive developmental disorders.
Serves children & adults diagnosed with autism.
American Sign Language, Portuguese, Russian, Spanish,
- Information & Referral
- Sibshops: Sibling Support Groups
- Newcomer’s Information Packet
- Swim Program
- Family Outings
- Support Groups
- Support Staff
- Books,Audio Tapes, Video Tapes*
- Dougie’s Corner*
- First Responder’s Trainings
- Monthly Support Group Meetings (mornings, evenings, singles only, dad’s only)
- Speaker Series
- One-on-One Jump Start*
- Community Awareness Events
- Teen outdoor recreation program (seasonal)
*”For Safekeeping” is a twenty-minute video used to train police, fire and emergency personnel throughout Massachusetts. Also educates hospital, school and church groups, as well as first responders in any community.
*”Straight AAA’s All About Autism” is a video that educates elementary school-age children about their peers with autism.
* Dougie’s Corner is a quiet nook at Morse Institute Library that houses materials for newly diagnosed families.
*”One-on-One Jump Start” Choose an existing program in your community and add a one-on-one aide for your child. We will provide the funds and the one-on-one aide so that your child can successfully attend a typical art, gym, T-ball or computer program.
We strongly encourage eligibility through the State Division of Autism / Fees No fee to join mailing list; registration fees for specific programs.