Work Without Limits
UMass Chan Medical School
333 South Street
Shrewsbury, MA 01545
Toll Free: 877-937-9675
View the Benefits Counseling website
Hours: Monday – Friday, 8 AM – 5 PM
Additional Locations: Provides services statewide
Work Without Limits Benefits Counseling assists individuals with disabilities who receive Social Security Disability Insurance (SSDI) and/or Supplemental Security Income (SSI) and are looking for employment or are currently working. We help them understand how work earnings or wage increases impact these and/or other public benefits. Work Without Limits provides two no-cost benefits counseling services:
Work Incentives Planning and Assistance (WIPA)
This service is for SSI/SSDI beneficiaries who are either:
- Have a job offer pending
- Actively interviewing for jobs
- Had an interview in the past 30 days
- Have a job interview scheduled in the next 2 weeks
Exceptions (even if not actively pursuing work)
- Youth, ages 14 – 25
- Massachusetts Counties: Middlesex, Worcester, Franklin, Hampshire, Hampden, and Berkshire
- New York Counties: Albany, Columbia, Greene, Rensselaer, Schenectady, Schoharie and Washington
How to get started:
- Complete, sign and submit the Referral Packet. The forms must be signed in ink. This is a Social Security requirement. The forms can be returned by U.S. or certified mail, email, or fax to our secure fax line: 508-856-6607. When all paperwork has been processed, one of our counselors will contact you to schedule an appointment. We ask for your patience as currently we only have one Community Work Incentives Coordinator (CWIC) serving all thirteen counties in MA and NY.
For more information visit our Benefits Counseling page.
Employment Network (EN)
The Work Without Limits EN is part of the Social Security Ticket to Work program and offers long-term benefits counseling.
This service is for SSI/SSDI beneficiaries who have a:
- short-term goal (3-12 months) of earning $970/month or more, or
- long-term goal (3-5 years) of earning $1,350/month or more, or
- goal of increased earnings
For more information visit our Employment Network (EN) page.
Contact the EN Team:
Marjorie Longo, CPWIC, Manager, Employment Network
- Email: Marjorie.Longo@umassmed.edu
Brian Forsythe, CPWIC, Work Incentives Counselor, Employment Network
- Office Phone: 508-856-2513
- Cell Phone: 508-479-0906
- Email: Brian.Forsythe@umassmed.edu
Services are available throughout Massachusetts and are offered in both English and Spanish.
All Individuals with Disabilities
Work Without Limits, an initiative of the Commonwealth Medicine division of the University of Massachusetts Chan Medical School, is a network of engaged employers and innovative, collaborative partners whose shared mission is to increase the employment rate of people with disabilities. Our goal is for the employment rate of people with disabilities be equal to that of people without disabilities.