333 South Street
Shrewsbury, MA 01545
Hours: No information.
Additional Locations: None.
Center for Health Policy and Research
UMass Medical School’s Center for Health Policy and Research is dedicated to research, evaluation, and education initiatives that advance public health policy and outcomes worldwide.
Our public service endeavors position us at the forefront of health care and scientific policy formulation. Our distinctive approach informs all our work, including:
- Cultivating data for translational science,
- Researching and creating policy on public health services,
- Implementing and delivering those services,
- Supporting policy and program development for human service agencies and non-profits,
- Working with and for government health care agencies, and
- Providing services for managed care organizations.
With the support of a leading academic health sciences center, our high-quality, insightful research shapes public policy, from the bedside to the community.
See Program Info
- Center for Adoption Research (CAR)
- Center for Clinical Communication and Performance Outcomes (CCCPO)
- Center for Developmental Disabilities Evaluation and Research (CDDER)
- Massachusetts Area Health Education Center Network (AHEC)
- New England AIDS Education Training Center (NEAETC)
- Office of Community Programs (OCP)
Serves the following population:
Children and Families
Our work in this area includes children’s mental health, developmental disabilities, and education programs.
Our expertise in this area includes end of life care policy development.
Our work with Medicaid members covers a wide spectrum from policy analysis and program evaluation to program development and management.
People with Disabilities
Our work supports and informs services for people with mental, physical, and developmental disabilities, specifically in the areas of health, safety, and employment policy.
People with Mental Illness
Our analysis and research includes children and seniors, as well as people with co-occurring disorders such as substance use and chronic disease.
People with Substance Use Disorders
Our recent research in this area includes buprenorphine therapy as well as co-occurring disorders.