U/Mass Medical – Shriver Center
55 Lake Avenue North, S3-301
Worcester, MA 01655
Phone: 774-455-4056 (voice) (800) 764-0200 (TTY)
Toll Free: (800) 642-0249
Information Specialist: Audrey Huntley
Hours: Monday thru Friday, 8:30 AM – 3:00 PM, answering machine other times
Additional Locations: None.
INDEX , a project of the UMASS Medical School, is concerned with the information needs of people with disabilities, their families, and people who work with them. INDEX hosts and coordinates the Massachusetts Network of Information Providers (MNIP) a collaborative project of over one hundred nonprofit information providers.
The Autism Insurance Resource Center is a part of INDEX and is a resource for consumers, providers, employers and educators on issues related to medical insurance for autism treatment.
Our mission is to provide up-to-date and accurate information so that people with disabilities can maximize their independence and make the choices necessary to control their lives to the fullest extent possible.
Individuals with disabilities, family members of individuals with disabilities, and anyone who works with or is involved with individuals with disabilities can call for information.
- Information and referral call center
- Information is available to MNIP members and the general public.
- Information available on programs and agencies that provide services to individuals with disabilities; physician and dentists that have experience with treating individuals with disabilities and a listing of allied health professionals and others who work with people with disabilities.
- Autism Insurance Resource Center provides information and referral & webinars related to insurance coverage for autism related treatments and services.
- INDEX also provides technical assistance and information technology services to nonprofit organization on a contract basis.
Although most of INDEX’s information refers to services in Massachusetts, INDEX is able to connect callers to information in other states through its affiliations with other university affiliated programs, developmental disabilities councils and information and referral services.
All information and referral services are provided free of charge to the caller. Information Technology services are provided on a fee-for-services basis.