210 Old Farm Road
Amherst, MA 01002
Phone: 413-256-0473 (voice) 413-256-0473, 800-804-1899 (TTY)
Toll Free: 800-804-1899
Information Specialist: Kathy McCord
Hours: Monday – Friday, 9:00 AM – 4:30 PM
Springfield Office: 227 Berkshire Avenue Springfield, MA 01109
Mon – Fri 9:00am – 4:30pm
Greenfield Office: 55 Federal Street Greenfield, MA 01301
Mon & Wed 9:00am – 5:00pm
Tues & Thurs 9:00am – 4:30pm
Stavros Independent Living Center was founded in 1974 by a small group of people with disabilities as an organization to be administered by themselves, dedicated to helping other people with disabilities and the Deaf to live as independently as possible.
People of all ages who have disabilities.
American Sign Language, Spanish
- Information and Referral
- Peer Counseling
- Skills Training
- Personal Assistance Service
- Assistive Technology (AT)
- Assistance with housing and accessibility
- Equipment Loan Closet
- “Home Sweet Home” Program. Increasing independence by constructing ramps with volunteer labor and donated materials.
- Advocate for those transitioning out of nursing homes
- Veteran’s Benefits
- Options Counseling
- SHINE Counselor
Any person with a disability who lives in Hampden, Hampshire or Franklin County.