National Office College Internship Program
Contact InformationCollege Internship Program
Contact: Maggi Sanderson, Enrollment Specialist
Email Address: email@example.com
View National Office Website
199 South Street Pittsfield, MA 01201
Area Served: West
Map Location National Office
The College Internship Program (CIP) provides individualized, post-secondary, academic, internship and independent living experiences for young adults with Asperger's, Attention Deficit Disorder, High-Functioning Autism and other Learning Differences.
Our mission is to graduate young men and women of confidence, character, and integrity capable of making contributions to society and claiming their place as citizens of the world.
Founded in 1984, The College Internship Program provides individualized social, academic, career and life skills instruction for students with Learning Differences. Students obtain the skills necessary to inspire independence and expand the foundation on which they can build a happy and productive life.
- Year-round programs at 5 centers in Massachusetts, Florida, Indiana and California
- Independent apartment living
- Individualized social, academic, career and life skills services
- Specialized curriculum specifically for Asperger's, nonverbal Learning Disabilities, high-functioning Autism, Attention Deficit Disorder and Dyslexia
- Weekend recreational activities, coordinated fitness and wellness program, student senate activities and cultural spring break trips
- Residential menu planning, shopping, cooking and cleaning instruction within student apartments
- Banking and budgeting instruction as well as weekly goal setting and personal advising
- Individual therapy sessions
- 24/7 emergency assistance
- Male and female, ages 18 to 26
- Asperger's syndrome, Attention Deficit Disorder, high-functioning autism, Non-verbal Learning Disability, Pervasive Developmental Disorder Not Otherwise Specified, and/or dyslexia.
- High level of motivation to meet program goals
- Low-average to high intelligence
- Potential to live, work or attend college independently
- Emotional, behavioral and psychological stability
- It's a Learning Difference, not a disability
- You are made for good purpose and are inherently valuable.
College Internship Program offers 2 week summer programs for teens located at college and university campuses across the US. Student reside on the campus of highly-rated colleges and universities while learning social, life, academic and career skills necessary to be successful. For more information visit www.cipsummer.com
Fees: Income levels of support range from $59,500- $76,400 based on level of support.
Contact College Internship Program Call (877) 566-9247
- Job Skills
- Job Support
- Self-Advocacy - Life Skills
- Self-Advocacy - Recreation and Leisure
- Skills Training
- Independent Living
- Asperger's Syndrome
- Autism Spectrum
- Learning Disabilities
- 14 - 18
- 19 - 22
- 23 – 59
- Fees: Personal Funds