Community Based Services Alternative House
Contact InformationAlternative House
Community Based Services
View Community Based Services Website
PO Box 2100 Lowell, MA 01851
Area Served: Northeast
Map Location Community Based Services
24-Hour/365 Crisis Hotline: Provides support, referrals, and information on services availabile to victims. We have both a toll free number (1-888-291-6228) and local line (978-454-1436)
- Communithy Based Support Group: A free and confidential group that meets weekly in the community and is open for anyone to join following a brief phone intake.
- Legal Advocacy and Support: Legal Advocates are available to assist in the restraining order process and also to provide local resources for survivors. The advocates can asisst with immigration resources, relocation, safety planning, and finding shelter.
- Short Term Safe Housing: Alternative House staff can work with victims in need of a safe place to go in the event there is no shelter space available. We have the ability to safely house someone for a short period of time. Advocates will then work the individual or family to find a more stable and safe place to transition to.
- Community Education and Training: Advocates are available to provide education and training on Domestic Violence, Teen Dating Violence, and Bullying Prevention to local organizations, schools, community groups, faith based organizations, and more.
- Family Support
- Shelters - Emergency
- Community Supports Program
- Support Groups
- All Disabilities
- Fees: Free Service