Community Resource Center (CRC) John F. Kennedy Family Services Center
Contact InformationJohn F. Kennedy Family Services Center
Contact: Crystal Galvin, Director of Program & Capacity Development
Email Address: CGalvin@KennedyCenter.org
View Community Resource Center (CRC) Website
10 City Square Suite 4 Charlestown, MA 02129-3740
Area Served: Boston
Map Location Community Resource Center (CRC)
The CRC is located at 55 Bunker Hill Street in Charlestown and is open to the public Monday through Friday 9:30 AM to 5:00 PM. The CRC staff provides a wide range of antipoverty and social services on both a scheduled and drop-in basis.
Below is a representative listing of the services offered for Charlestown residents:
- Senior Exercise Programs
- Internet based job search assistance, resume and cover letter development, interview preparation, and post interview thank you letters and emails.
- Information and referrals to education and job training programs
- Weekly food distribution programs in collaboration with Fair Foods.
- Positive parenting classes and parent support groups.
- Healthy cooking classes and food shopping on a budget.
- Classes in budget preparation and financial literacy training.
- Assistance in accessing all forms of local, State, Federal and corporate low-income support services such as fuel assistance, food stamps (SNAP), housing vouchers, WIC, Summer Works jobs, and low cost internet and computers, etc.
- Emergency support services for those that are: in need of food, clothing, shelter, transportation services to critical appointments; information about and/or referral to organizations that provide services for individuals/families dealing with issues of domestic violence, substance abuse/addiction, and/or mental health concerns.
- Information and referral for basic health screening services for children and adults.
- Winter coat drive for both adults and children.
- Annual Holiday Gift Drive that provides seasonal gifts for over 400 children from low income families.
- Annual Flea Market.
- Annual Community Pot Luck Luncheon.
- Adult Education
- After School Programs
- Case Management
- Day Activity
- Family Support
- Food - Meals
- Homemaker Services
- Job Seeking
- Shelters - Emergency
- Socialization Activities
- Community Supports Program
- All Disabilities
- Substance Abuse
- Birth to 3
- 3 - 4
- 5 - 8
- 9 - 13
- 14 - 18
- 19 - 22
- 23 – 59
- 60 +
- Accessible Restrooms
- Free Transport
- Near Public Transportation
- Services at Home
- Wheelchair Ramps
- Fees: Free Service, Personal Funds