Individual & Community Supports – Nexus Burnham Center Nexus Inc.
Contact InformationNexus Inc.
Contact: Cathy Conrade, Residential Director
Email Address: firstname.lastname@example.org
Phone: 781-935-0611 x18
Alternate Phone: 781-932-9745
View Individual & Community Supports - Nexus Burnham Center Website
888 Main Street, #B Woburn, MA 01801
Area Served: Greater Boston
Map Location Individual & Community Supports - Nexus Burnham Center
The Nexus Burnham Center is a social/recreational program that has been in operation since the early 1980’s. Susan Burnham was an individual supported by Nexus, Inc. When she died suddenly, her family requested donations to Nexus, Inc. in lieu of flowers. Those donations resulted in $2,000 that became seed money for the development of social/recreational activities offered to individuals supported by Nexus as well as the larger community. Over the decades, Burnham Center has offered weekly classes, vacation trips, dances, bingo, and craft nights. Activities are 100% funded by the fees raised during these events and unsolicited donations that have been given over the years. The Burnham Center rents space in the United Methodist Church in Woburn, MA.
Currently, Burnham Center offers two social/recreational opportunities:
• Monthly Friday night events are offered September through June and alternate Bingo, Crafts and Dances. &living in local towns and communities.
• The Burnham Center Drop in Center is a Saturday drop in center offered to individuals supported by Nexus, Inc. The drop in center is a relaxed, cozy atmosphere in which folks can meet their friends, hang out and talk, do a craft project, read the paper or a magazine and watch a movie. Snacks, drinks and dessert are included in the small fee
- Self-Advocacy - Health and Safety
- Self-Advocacy - Leadership
- Self-Advocacy - Recreation and Leisure
- Recreation/Arts/Social and Leisure
- Developmental Disability
- 23 – 59
- 60 +
- Accessible Parking
- Accessible Restrooms
- Wheelchair Ramps
- Fees: Personal Funds
- Licensed By: DDS