Contact InformationJewish Family & Children's Service
Contact: Danielle Lubin
Email Address: email@example.com
View Jewish Life and Social Programs Website
1430 Main Street Waltham, MA 02451
Area Served: Greater Boston
Map Location Jewish Life and Social Programs
· JF&CS offers opportunities for Jewish adults with developmental disabilities or mental illness to learn, have fun, and spend time with friends. Participants enjoy the ongoing support of their peers and a meaningful connection to Jewish tradition and the Jewish community.
· Chaverim Shel Shalom – Friends of Peace
· Chaverim Shel Shalom (Friends of Peace) is a program for Jewish adults living with chronic psychiatric illness. In addition to cultural, educational, and social programs, Chaverim Shel Shalom offers ongoing support and connection to Jewish tradition and the Jewish community. Members meet two to four times a month for social activities and “dinner & learn” programs with a Jewish theme. Members also participate in community activities including the Boston Jewish Film Festival and day trips in Greater Boston and Southern New England. There is no cost to be a member of this group.
· Chaverim Chaim – Friends for Life
· Chaverim Chaim (Friends for Life) is a partnership of JF&CS, JCC of Greater Boston, and Inclusion and Support Services. Chaverim Chaim is a social group for adults with intellectual/developmental disabilities and/or autism spectrum disorder that meets monthly for programs and events that provide opportunities for positive social interactions and informal educational experiences. Many events include programs with a Jewish focus but it is not necessary to be Jewish to attend. Programs include Shabbat dinners, movie nights, game nights, dances, and Jewish holiday celebrations.
- Relationship/Friendship Support
- Self-Advocacy - Recreation and Leisure
- Socialization Activities
- Recreation/Arts/Social and Leisure
- Asperger's Syndrome
- Autism Spectrum
- Intellectual Disabilities
- Mental Illness
- 19 - 22
- 23 – 59
- 60 +
- Fees: Free Service