Positive Synergy Positive Synergy
Contact InformationPositive Synergy
Contact: Jennifer Pohle, Co-founder & Director
Email Address: firstname.lastname@example.org
View Positive Synergy Website
1573 Fall River Ave Seekonk, MA 02771
Area Served: ACUSHNET, ATTLEBORO, BERKLEY, BRIDGEWATER, DARTMOUTH, DIGHTON, EASTON, FAIRHAVEN, FALL RIVER, FREETOWN, LAKEVILLE, MANSFIELD, MIDDLEBORO, NEW BEDFORD, NORTH ATTLEBORO, NORTON, RAYNHAM, REHOBOTH, SEEKONK, SOMERSET, SWANSEA, TAUNTON, WESTPORT.
Map Location Positive Synergy
Positive Synergy is a private group of Board Certified Behavior Analysts (BCBA), Speech and Language Pathologists, and highly trained and experienced Behavior Therapists. We believe that together with families and others involved in a child’s care, we can affect positive changes in the lives of the children with whom we work. Our goal is the recognition of every child's individual needs and the delivery of high quality, reliable, and consistent programming tailored to each individual. We strive not only to enable children to reach their potential for success in social interactions, education, and independence, but to create positive connections between the individuals with whom we support and their community.
We obtain this goal by providing autism education, training, treatment, and more, designed to fit each and every individual client’s specific needs. Our Behavior Therapists work individually with children on the treatment goals developed by the families and the BCBA. Treatment is based upon the principles of ABA and utilizes strategies (i.e., DTT, NET, etc.) appropriate to the skills being taught and the child’s individual learning needs. During therapy sessions, we also work on decreasing any inappropriate behaviors and teaching appropriate replacement behaviors. We strive to make each session engaging and fun by incorporating what is motivating to the child into our treatment. Formal and informal assessments are conducted when services first begin with a new family and are ongoing throughout treatment.
We at Positive Synergy, believe that parent training is an integral part of any child’s successful acquisition of skills. Training is ongoing and continues until the parent feels comfortable with the intervention and can implement it independently. Training consists of a 4-tiered approach: Discussing, Modeling, Doing, and Critiquing.
- Discussing: A conversation about WHAT the target skill is, HOW to implement the intervention, and WHY.
- Modeling: The BCBA demonstrates the intervention with the child or through role-play.
- Doing: The parent demonstrates the intervention with the child or through role-play.
- Critiquing: The BCBA and parent discuss how the practiced intervention went, making comments and providing corrective feedback.
Positive Synergy also provides functional behavior assessments, as well as, behavioral consultations to their client's family members, school personnel, and other caregivers in areas regarding: managing challenging behaviors, promoting appropriate behaviors, utilizing communication systems (such as PECS), and generalizing newly learned skills to different settings and individuals.
Positive Synergy currently provides services to children residing in southeastern Massachusetts (including Attleboro, Fall River, Seekonk, New Bedford, Dighton, Raynham, Bridgewater and surrounding areas) and northern and eastern Rhode Island (including Tiverton, Portsmouth, Newport, Bristol, East Providence, and surrounding areas).
We are currently accepting individuals diagnosed with ASD for social skills groups that take place in Swansea, MA.
Please feel free to contact us for additional information.
- Domestic Violence Counseling
- Family Support
- Mental Health
- Self-Advocacy - Life Skills
- Skills Training
- Socialization Activities
- Aetna Health
- Aetna Health Insurance Company
- Blue Cross and Blue Shield of MA
- Blue Cross and Blue Shield of MA HMO Blue
- CIGNA Healthcare of Massachusetts
- Harvard Pilgrim Health Care
- Harvard Pilgrim Health Care Insurance Company
- Tufts Associated Health Maintenance Organization
- Tufts Insurance Company
- United HealthCare Insurance Company
- United Healthcare of New England
- Applied Behavior Analysis
- Asperger's Syndrome
- Autism Spectrum
- Behavior Disorder
- Developmental Disability
- 3 - 4
- 5 - 8
- 9 - 13
- 14 - 18
- 19 - 22
- Services at Home
- Services at School
- Fees: MassHealth, Private Insurance, Personal Funds
- Licensed By: Individual BCBA's licensed by the BACB