Respite Services Multicultural Community Services of the Pioneer Valley
Contact InformationMulticultural Community Services of the Pioneer Valley
Contact: Brenda Norton, Individual Support Director
Email Address: email@example.com
View Respite Services Website
1000 Wilbraham Road Springfield, MA 01109
Area Served: West
Map Location Respite Services
- Group Respite has proven to be one of the most creative and lowest cost options provided through MCS. A broad range of respite opportunities are offered throughout the year with activities designed to appeal to people with a wide variety of interests and skills. Participants are instrumental in the selection and planning of activities.
- Individualized respite provides families the opportunity to identify a person of their choice to provide respite or they may utilize an MCS staff person to provide this service. Respite can occur in the family’s home or in the community, and the times are flexible as determined by the family.
- Overnight respite is an important service to many individuals and families. MCS offers three options for adult overnight respite. The first option matches individuals with disabilities with MCS staff at the staff member’s home. The second option allows individuals and families to identify their own respite provider. The third option, available to families in the Springfield/Westfield area, is the respite house at 3 State Street in Westfield. One or two guests may stay at a time for the weekend. The house is staffed with well-trained, dedicated employees who arrange weekend activities geared toward the interests of individuals staying at the house.
- Respite can be provided on a scheduled or as-needed basis.
- Socialization Activities
- Developmental Disability
- Intellectual Disabilities
- 23 – 59
- 60 +
- Fees: Free Service, Personal Funds
- Licensed By: DDS