The Boston Home Center Boston Department of Neighborhood Development Home
Contact InformationBoston Department of Neighborhood Development Home
The Boston Home Center
Email Address: firstname.lastname@example.org
View The Boston Home Center Website
26 Court Street, 9th Floor Boston, MA 02108
Area Served: Boston
Map Location The Boston Home Center
Financial Assistance Program -Buying a 1-3 family home or a condo in Boston?
The Boston Home Center Financial Assistance Program offers eligible applicants up to 3% of the purchase price towards down payment and/ or closing costs for 1-2 unit properties and condominiums; 5% of purchase price for 3-unit properties.
What are the benefits?
Zero interest, deferred payments, 10-year term loan - loan is forgivable at the end of the 10 year term.
Who is eligible?
- First time homebuyers (Applicant household has not owned a property in the past 3 years)
- Graduates of Homebuying 101 and Homeowner 201
- Buyer has obtained a 1st Mortgage Pre-Approval from a City of Boston Participating Mortgage Lender
- Buyer is purchasing 1, 2, or 3 family residential property or condominium
- Property is located in Boston and buyer’s primary residence – buyer will live in the property for the 10 year term of the loan
- Buyer contributes a minimum of 1.5% of the purchase price for 1-2 unit properties and condominiums; 3.0% for 3 unit properties from buyer’s own funds
- Buyer’s household assets are not more than $75,000
- Buyer's credit score must be at least 660
Home Repair Programs
If you have a heat emergency or need assistance with your heating system, we can help! Call the Boston Home Center at 635-HOME(4663), or email us at HomeCenter.DND@cityofboston.gov.
If you have a heat emergency after normal business hours, please contact the Mayor's 24-hour hotline by calling 311.
Senior Home Repair
If you're at least 62 years of age and own your home, you may be eligible for special programs that provide 0% interest-deferred loans for a variety of minor, moderate and emergency home repairs.
Through this program, you may be eligible to receive an interest-free loan of up to $10,000 for a single-family home; up to $15,000 for a two-family home; and up to $20,000 for a three-family home for approved interior and exterior repairs.
Seniors Save is a complete heating system replacement program for eligible senior citizen homeowners in Boston. It helps senior citizens replace aging heating systems before they break down and create an emergency situation for the senior homeowners.
Lead Safe Boston
Lead poisoning can delay or impair learning and growth in your children or grandchildren. Protect your family and friends. This program offers eligible homeowners, landlords, or tenants financial assistance help with lead-based paint abatement.
3D Initiative (Triple Deckers)
Boston’s triple decker campaign, the 3D Program, is committed to preserving and celebrating this quintessentially Boston housing style.
- Financial Assistance
- Home Modification
- 19 - 22
- 23 – 59
- 60 +
- Cape Verdean