Contact InformationThe Open Door
Contact: Julie LaFontaine, Executive Director
Email Address: firstname.lastname@example.org
Phone: 978-283-6776 x200
Alternate Phone: 978-283-6776 x205 Volunteer Engagement
View The Open Door Website
28 Emerson Avenue Gloucester, MA 01930
Area Served: Northeast
Map Location The Open Door
The mission of The Open Door is to alleviate the impact of hunger in our community.
We use practical strategies to connect people to good food, to advocate on behalf of those in need, and to engage others in the work of building food security.
The Open Door's main programs are:
* The Food Pantry, which provides emergency groceries to those in need. Located in Gloucester and Ipswich.
* Community Meals, which offers free, nutritious meals to those in need of food or companionship.
* Second Glance Thrift Store, which provides the public with reduced-cost clothing and household goods, offers free items to families and individuals through referrals from other agencies, supports recycling for the community, partners with agencies for job training, and raises revenues to support our hunger-relief programs.
* Mobile Market, a free farmers’ market, which provides fresh produce and groceries at three neighborhood-based, two school-based, and four senior center-based market sites
We also offer other services to the community, including a free Summer Meals program for kids, assistance applying for food stamps, a food rescue program, youth job-training program (culinary or retail), and a collaborative meals program that helps other organizations feed their clients.
- Food - Pantry
- Food and Nutrition
- 19 - 22
- 23 – 59
- 60 +
- Accessible Parking
- Accessible Public Transportation
- Accessible Restrooms
- Fees: Free Service