Therapeutic Day Habilitation Charles River Center
Contact InformationCharles River Center
Contact: Carol Alden, Vice President
Email Address: firstname.lastname@example.org
Phone: 781-972-1000 xTel
Alternate Phone: 781-972-1007 xDirect
View Therapeutic Day Habilitation Website
59 East Militia Heights Road Needham, MA 02492
Area Served: Central
Map Location Therapeutic Day Habilitation
Committed to helping individuals improve independence, the Day Habilitation program provides structured activities designed to increase functional skill development for those with significant cognitive, physical and medical disabilities.
The program is housed in a beautiful state-of-the-art facility in Needham that is completely accessible and meets all ADA standards. Program participants have use of:
- Spacious group rooms
- Wide corridors
- Fitness and physical therapy rooms
- A sensory room
- A large cafeteria
- Teaching kitchen
- Terrace and raised garden
- Individuals who attend the Day Habilitation program are under the supervision of trained professionals that include: nursing staff, a management team, physical, behavioral, occupational, and speech therapists.
Goals and Activities
Based on a team approach with individual input, a detailed plan is developed for each person. These plans outline goals that will be worked on to improve skills and the person's physical well-being.
With the individual's interests in mind, the program offers:
- Music therapy
- Computer and iPad use
- Community outings are also incorporated into weekly schedules so that all can work on specific therapeutic objectives while having fun in the community.
ACES (Adult Community Experiences and Services)
A program within Day Habilitation for those with autism, individuals in the ACES program use daily community experiences to learn life skills. By volunteering multiple times a week with local nonprofits, individuals in this program are able to contribute toward improving the community while learning life skills.
We have worked with the Dedham Food Pantry, Traveling Meals, and Ethos Elder Service, as as well as many other organizations.
- Adult Education
- Case Management
- Day Activity
- Disability Awareness
- Skills Training
- Socialization Activities
- Case Management
- Day/Work Activity
- All Disabilities
- 19 - 22
- 23 – 59
- 60 +
- American Sign Language
- Accessible Parking
- Accessible Restrooms
- Medical Needs
- Wheelchair Ramps
- Accredited By: CARF,QUEST
- Fees: MassHealth, Personal Funds
- Licensed By: MassHealth OLTC