Contact InformationChild & Family Services
Contact: Jeanne Bissonnette, Site Director
View Therapeutic Mentoring - New Bedford Website
3057 Acushnet Avenue New Bedford, MA 02745
Area Served: Southeast
Map Location Therapeutic Mentoring - New Bedford
Therapeutic Mentoring offers structured, one-to-one, strength-based support services between a therapeutic mentor and a youth (up to the age of 21) for the purpose of addressing communication, daily-living, and social needs.
Services are provided in any setting where the youth resides, such as the home (including foster homes and therapeutic foster homes), and in community settings, such as schools, child care centers, respite settings, as well as other culturally and linguistically appropriate community settings.
What services are provided?
Therapeutic Mentoring services include:
- Coaching, supporting and training the youth in age-appropriate behaviors
- Interpersonal communication, conflict resolution, problem-solving
- Relating appropriately to other children, adolescents, and adults, in recreational and social activities pursuant to a behavioral-health treatment plan developed by an outpatient, or In-Home Therapy provider in concert with the family, and youth whenever possible, or pursuant to an Individual Care Plan (ICP) for youth with Intensive Care Coordination (ICC).
These services help to ensure the youth’s success in navigating various social contexts, learning new skills and making functional progress. The Therapeutic Mentor offers supervision of such activities and engages the youth in discussions about strategies for effective handling of peer interactions.
Who is eligible for Therapeutic Mentoring?
Only members of MassHealth Standard, or MassHealth CommonHealth Benefit plans can access this service. We accept all Managed Care Entities (MCE’s)
- Boston Medical Center Healthnet Plan (BMCHP)
- Fallen Community Health Plan (FCHP), at Beacon Health Strategies
- Neighborhood Health Plan (NHP), at Beacon Health Strategies
- Massachusetts Behavioral Health Partnership (MBHP)
- Network Health (NH)
- Mental Health
- Mental Health
- Behavior Disorder
- Mental Illness
- 14 - 18
- 19 – 22
- 5 - 8
- 9 - 13
- Fees: MassHealth