Contact InformationThe Arc of Massachusetts
Contact: Jim Ross & Mary Ann Brennen, Coordinators
Email Address: email@example.com
View Widening the Circle Website
217 South Street Waltham, MA 02453-2769
Area Served: Greater Boston
Map Location Widening the Circle
Widening the Circle, under the auspices of The Arc of Massachusetts is funded by the MA Department of Developmental Services. The primary objectives of this project are:
1. To identify existing programs and approaches (formal and informal) that successfully bring people with and without disabilities together resulting in the establishing of relationships which may grow or be nurtured into friendships.
2. To offer trainings related to friendships between people with and without disabilities to staff, parents, educators and people with disabilities..
3. To train people with and without disabilities to conduct various trainings.
4. To prepare "Toolkits" to help people promote friendships in different settings, wherever people live, learn work or play.
Two part-time staff are responsible for coordinating this effort. They are guided by a Project Advisory Committee comprised of people with and without disabilities from every region in the state and with experience in supporting people to develop relationships and training others in this important
- Relationship/Friendship Support
- Autism Spectrum
- Developmental Disability
- Intellectual Disabilities
- Birth to 3
- 3 - 4
- 5 - 8
- 9 - 13
- 14 - 18
- 19 - 22
- 23 – 59
- 60 +
- Fees: Free Service