Widening the Circle The Arc of Massachusetts
Contact InformationThe Arc of Massachusetts
Contact: Katie Driscoll, Coordinator
Email Address: email@example.com
View Widening the Circle Website
217 South Street Waltham, MA 02453-2769
Area Served: Greater Boston
Map Location Widening the Circle
The Real Friends Project, under the auspices of The Arc of Massachusetts is funded by the MA Department of Developmental Services. The primary objectives of this project are:
1. To identify existing programs and approaches (formal and informal) that successfully bring people with and without disabilities together resulting in the establishing of relationships which may grow or be nurtured into friendships.
2. To identify existing trainings, workshops and other venues/materials that are available to help individuals, families and organizations learn how to support the development of relationships between people with and without disabilities.
3. To make all of the material identified in #1 and #2 above easily accessible to interested individuals, families and organization through web-based applications (and other applications) through The Arc of Massachusetts.
4. To analyze all of these resources to determine where gaps might be and to develop trainings/workshops/materials to fill those gaps.
Two part-time staff are responsible for coordinating this effort. They are guided by a Project Advisory Committee comprised of people with and without disabilities from every region in the state and with experience in supporting people to develop relationships and training others in this important
- Relationship/Friendship Support
- Developmental Disability
- Intellectual Disabilities
- Multiple Disability
- Birth to 3
- 3 - 4
- 5 - 8
- 9 - 13
- 14 - 18
- 19 - 22
- 23 – 59
- 60 +
- Able to serve clients in their wheelchair
- Accessible Parking
- Fees: Free Service